Blog Archive

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Haven't Been Here for Awhile

Well, I finally start a blog to post my photography & then I don't post very often. So many things happen that take up your time. A big one being moving residences! This past spring & early summer have been full of jobs pertaining to that. When you move from a 2 bedroom house to a 1 bedroom apartment things just have to change! I knew I would have to get rid of a lot of my "stuff" as I will refer to it from now on. Lots of people might call it 'belongings', 'things', effects, or even 'property'. Then there are others who would call it 'treasures', 'possessions' or even 'collected household paraphernalia. But please, don't ever refer to it as junk! {{said with a snicker & sarcasm}}
I have had someone say to me that I had a lot of junk & I was really offended. I am the only one who can call it junk! A friend & I were talking about this one day & we decided that we like the word 'stuff' the best.

First on the list was sorting. What did I really need to keep & what could I sell, give away or toss. A bunch of us got together & decided we would have a joint yard sale from all our spring cleaning. I think this is one of the hardest things I've had to do in a very long time. I had to scold myself a lot of the time as I would take from the 'get rid of ' pile & put back in the 'keep pile'. It took me awhile but I finally convinced myself that it was just stuff. It would be easier to pack & move with less & also easier to unpack, set-up & later, keep clean. I was getting tired of having so many clothes that I had run out of places to keep them properly & so many books that my shelves resembled the main library instead of how I wanted them to look. A big thing I was tired of was running into things or having to move so much when dusting or vacuuming. I wanted to have bare corners for a change & not have things underneath other things. I wanted a few books on my shelves with a decorative box, candle or framed photo along with whatever other items I wanted to add to make small vignettes instead of wall to wall novels. You know, not cluttered, like the shelves in magazines! Haha! Me! Not having clutter! (It's still a dream)

In the end, I did sell quite a bit earning enough money to get some things I truly did need, like a couch, an actual TV stand & a couple of bureaus. I gave away & managed to toss quite a bit also. Altho I still have too much 'stuff' I was very proud of myself {{big smile}} I figure someday I will achieve my goal but for now, baby steps!

Finally the yard sale was over, my move made & everything unpacked & put in its place. Now for some spare time. Not!. Oh well, I guess if I am healthy enough to go & do & lucky enough to go here & there, then that's what I'll do. Somewhere, in between all the running around & being busy, I will find a few minutes to post a few pics.

Yard Sale

Yard Sale
Yard Sale





I filled this van at least 8 times!

Say good bye Dooley























Shades of The Beverly Hillbillies??
I had wonderful friends who helped me move. I couldn't have done it without them!


No comments:

Post a Comment