Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Jiffy Pizzas Using Leftovers

I am so happy the way my mini pizzas turned out that I want to share with you this quick munchable.

Who doesn't love making something that's quick and uses leftovers at the same time. Since I live by myself, I am always on the lookout for simple ideas and recipes suitable for 1 person.

If you have not heard of or tried Naan bread, I suggest you check it out. They sell it in large and small sizes and it's great for pizza. For one person pizzas the small are perfect and there are 2 in the package. I bought the garlic flavored naan but it also comes in traditional and whole wheat.


One of my favorite pizzas has always been the Cheeseburger Pizza we used to get from Pizza Pizza when we lived in Ottawa. It just so happened that I had left over burger patties, old white cheddar, mozza and the must have orange cheddar for the desired flavor of this kind.  I even had 3 pieces of cooked bacon. Of course you can use any toppings you like, but it worked out so well for me having these leftovers on hand.

I always keep my last chunks of brick cheese in the freezer. It keeps well and there's no need to shred it as it crumbles easily when it starts to thaw. Easy peasy and no grater to wash! I even had a package of Parmesan left over from a salad kit and some chopped onion that I decided to use. Altho, my mind did wander for a bit to the can of pineapple chunks I knew I had in the cupboard, but I talked myself out of that because I was going for the cheeseburger flavor.

I always use my toaster oven for small quickies like this as it saves on electricity and it's great for warming or toasting things that are basically already cooked without getting soft or soggy as with the microwave.

I set the oven to 375 to preheat as I crumbled the burger patties, bacon, and cheeses.  


Sauce them and sprinkle parmesan

Add the burger and bacon







Add the toppings

                                                                           Sprinkle generously with the cheeses

Cook them for 12-15 min. until they're heated thru and cheese is melty.


Remove from oven and enjoy!


I honestly couldn't believe how great they turned out! I am not sure if it was the plain old no-name sauce or what I put on them or the bread itself, but holy smokes! They were delicious!

I've been checking out how hard it would be to make homemade naan and I found a few easy sounding recipes. I intend to give it a whirl someday. See links below.
Thanks for visiting!





Gimme Some Oven - homemade naan













Daydream Kitchen - garlic naan 
















1 comment:

  1. I have since found out you can bug a bag of even smaller Naan, 8 or 10 in the bag, small rounds about the size of a hamburger bun. They would work wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete