Blog Archive

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Let's Talk About Music

Besides photography, my other passion is music~~the breathe of life. I couldn't imagine a life with no tunes. Wouldn't it be cool if we could have our very own soundtrack for our daily adventures? I would love to hear music all the time, in all those places where i don't.

One of the best places for music is cruising down the highway....i can't drive a car without music, darn near an impossibility! There's music & then there are drivin' tunes....we all have them, don't we? Different genres of music for different moods, soft & melodic or loud & blaring...mind you, the latter must be with the windows down!


As the above graphic states & i will add, especially at night! Cruisin' at night in the country when all is calm & quiet, hardly another vehicle on the road, it's like you own the world or at least the road you're on. Best times for this? Spring & early summer...when all the newly bloomed flowers are giving off their wonderful aromas. The smells blending with the cool night air flowing in the open windows as the blasting music flows out. Everything going thru your body & melding the car, the sounds, the visuals into one. Nothing like it in my eyes.

As i sit here now, in March, as another nor'easter winds down, all i can do is imagine being on the road. But always i have the music. Rain or shine, indoors or out, the music will always be there. When i am so low & need rescued from the ruts of day to day strife, the music will always save me. It has the power to envelope me & whisk me away to a better place in time. To get lost in music is the perfect escape.


I have a ton of favorite singers & bands & it's very hard to pick my best of the best but one of my #1 artists of the day is The White Buffalo. Ever since hearing him a few months ago thru a SOA soundtrack i just can't get enough of him. I don't think he has a song that i don't like. I love his voice, his music, his style which i have in the Americana genre. To see him live is on now my bucket list.



This is one i never heard before today & now i love it as well.

https://youtu.be/ES4JdPkWsJE

and this one is just nice

https://youtu.be/7JJ27jauJug

...enjoy!

1 comment: