Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Photography & Contests

I have dreamed for a very long time of being able to do something with my photos where i would be able to sustain myself. They say "find a job you love & you'll never work a day in your life. Oh if i could do that.....{{big sigh}}
Since i have really been into photography i have sold exactly one photo. That was a day i'll never forget! It was an amazing feeling & the check was really nice too! But it definitely left me wishing & hoping it could happen again. Perhaps i am not looking in the right places or doing the right things. It is hard when you have a limited amount of funds b/c it is true, it takes money to make money. I keep my eyes & ears open all the time for just a smidgen of an opportunity & i guess i always will. For now, i share my photography or graphics i design on my Facebook, Google+, Flickr & ViewBug pages. I enter the contests i'm able to & maybe someday, something might come my way. I do know that I will never give up my dream, no matter  how old i get.

These are the 4 photos i have entered into 3 different contests on ViewBug.


#1. People Photo Contest


Two Babes
                                                           voting opens April 27, 2015

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

#2. Nature in HDR Contest


Autumn Remnants
                                                             voting opens May 1, 2015

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

#3. Best Shot Contest


Blue Eye

                                                            voting opens May 18, 2015

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

#4. Best Shot Contest


Apple Branch
                                                           voting opens May 18, 2015

So if you visit my blog & feel like you would like to vote on any of my photos, just follow the links & all votes are Greatly appreciated. For me, ViewBug is by far my favorite photog. site b/c you are judged by your peers & given awards for your work. It does a lot for my self-confidence & it's rather exciting to get an email that says i have more awards or likes. Sure i can post my pics on Facebook but who are liking them? My friends. On ViewBug people who don't know me are liking them & for me that's cool. I may not be winning contests or winning monetary awards but i get that winning feeling every time someone likes my pics or gives me a Top Choice or a Superb Composition award. It all means the world to me.

Happy shooting
                               




No comments:

Post a Comment