Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Apple Blossom Time

It is such a joy for me every spring when all the blossoms come out around the valley. There is nothing any more beautiful than the countryside around here! I am constantly muttering to myself as i look around, "It's so gorgeous down here!" I take picture after picture, i just can't seem to get enough. Then the sad part happens; all the blossoms start to fade & fall off. I can console myself with the fact that it had to happen to make way for the fruit but what about the lilacs?? They have no fruit. These beautiful blooms come out for a few days in the spring & then die off to leave a bush of green leaves behind. I could never understand this. If it doesn't bear fruit then the blooms should be here all summer!








& The Poor Old Lilac


No comments:

Post a Comment