Blog Archive

Friday, August 15, 2014

Is Life Really That Busy??

My Great Aunt Kitty, 89 in this photo, but just 2 months ago celebrated her 95th birthday, is not doing very well at all. I was just visiting with her about 3 weeks ago at her house in Brickton & she seemed her spry ol' self. I guess things can happen pretty fast. She is my Dad's last relative so this is really sad. But it brings to my mind: why do people not visit anymore like they used to?? I am glad I went to see her recently but I am just as guilty as I could've gone a lot more often. It's not like she lives a hundred miles away. When I was mentioning this to other people they all say the same thing, they too wish they had've visited someone more often. Are we really that wrapped up in our own lives nowadays?? Is the love we have for our relatives not enough to get us going to see them?? Or is it just that we take this along with too many other things in life, for granted. In the back of our minds we expect them to always be there. It's truly sad, b/c when the people we love are gone, there is no more visiting then. So why not take advantage of the time you have now to see them, be with them & enjoy their company....nothing or anyone lasts forever. I myself am going to make a much better effort with this visiting thing. A regular visit now will save lots of regret later.
I love you Aunt Kitty & I am praying for you every day that you will be healthy enough to enable you to be with us awhile longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment