Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

On the Art of Downloading

There's a lot of laws in this world that I feel are just plain stupid. But my big one for now is downloading tv series is illegal. I can get that if you 'dl' a movie you are infringing on the copywrite laws & the powers that be will miss out on their money....no problem, but when it comes to series that are on tv, who is it that is missing out on anything? The shows have already been on, people have already watched them, many stay on for re-runs, not bad if you missed an episode & many are then put into syndication for the dreaded eternal reshowings.



Dl'ing a tv show is no different from the old days, & some still do this, recording them on a VCR or DVD player. You can also watch them online if you have the capabilities of streaming them from their original channels & the best one, if you can afford it, is loading them into a PVR & then you can watch anytime you please.

Living on a very small fixed income b/c of  my health puts has so many drawbacks one being, I cannot afford anything at all extra, (another beef which i'm sure I'll get into at another time). I cannot afford to get the extra channels thru my televison provider where I would be able to watch a lot of these shows. Since they put most of them on in the same time slots, I couldn't watch all the ones I want anyway & I cannot afford a PVR either. I also do not own a VCR or a recording DVD player. So what am I left with? Downloading. Televison is my only form of entertainment!

This dl'ing is also a double-edged sword. There has been a cap put on all rural internet users of 15 gb. If i watch on-line or strem from a torrent loader it still uses the GBs...so i may as well save them to my PC & watch whenever. Soooo....who am i hurting? I get to see the shows i can't get, which everyone else have already watched. Watch, delete, do some more.

I've already had those notices appear on my PC when i open the internet....basically it's an infringement notice & oops! i may be in trouble. These people need to get it together. If they're available, people are going to watch. If they are on-line, they are there to watch! They've already aired on tv & they've already recieved their money (& will continue to recieve it).
Again, i am doing nothing different from recording them off the tv!

What really is the big deal?!?


TV Series App Updated With Improved Search Results, Transparent Tile And More

There's tons of apps designed for watching tv shows


some work some don't & there's a chance of obtaining a virus at each entry!




No comments:

Post a Comment