Blog Archive

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Very Powerful Movie

I have just finished watching the most powerful movie I have ever watched! Boy oh boy, did it make me think about things, so much so that I have to make a post about it.
The movie is John Doe Vigilante.

Some call him a hero. Some call him a villain. He's "John Doe: Vigilante" - an ordinary man who decides to take the law into his own hands. Frustrated with a failing legal system that continues to allow violent criminals to go free, John Doe begins exacting justice the only way he knows how - by killing one criminal at a time. Soon he becomes a media sensation and inspires a group of copycat vigilantes, but who is the real John Doe - a pillar of justice or a cold-blooded murderer? You decide.

Director:

 

Starring:

 as John Doe  
               as Jake (internet reporter)                                 
               as Ken Rutherford (reporter)
               as Murray Wills (copycat leader)

The reason this was such a powerful, message sending movie is b/c we have all thought of it at one time or another, when we see criminals who have gotten slaps on the wrists & then are freed to go about doing their evil deeds again. We all know the justice system is corrupt, that laws are only there to protect the rich &/or famous. We all know also that this is not the way it is supposed to be....just like one of John Doe's statement at the end of the movie.
Just like the movie we are all to blame. We have sat by & let things happen for far too long, we have had our eyes closed for far too long, we only think of ourselves....for far too long.
How many times have we heard on the news, radio or read in the papers that while someone was being attacked in one form or another, their screams for help went unaided. That all within range turned a blind eye & a deaf ear b/c no one wants to get involved. The world is scared of criminals. If you help someone or testify to put an evil person away we all believe there can be repercussions. Just like in the movies, someone will get us or those we love if we stick our noses where they don't belong. 

But......our noses belong in this crap! How would each of us feel if it was our daughter, our son, our mother, or ourselves, that was out there in the dark of night, alone, screaming for help & at any moment could die & NO ONE came? NO ONE called the police.....NO ONE helped. As we can all imagine, not a nice feeling.

The message this movie left with me was we all need to step up & start caring for & helping our fellow man. We are all human beings & we all need to feel safe, cared for, protected from the animals in our society. As John Doe stated, the criminals need to know that people are watching! That people will DO something!
As it has been & seems to continue to be the criminals know there's hardly anyone out there that will do anything & they basically have free reign of the streets & will continue for as long as they can in doing the evil they do.


I can understand the views of the police. How many times have they arrested the guilty only to have some defense lawyer get them off on a technicality or some such nonsense? The cops know that a lot of the times there is no justice. If a cop kills someone all of a sudden the public gets angry & is up in arms over it. They seem to forget that the cop wouldn't have shot someone if they weren't out there doing something that puts in the line of fire. I myself never worry about being shot by the police. I am never out there doing anything that could get me killed. The cops don't go around shooting people just for something to do!
I wouldn't want to have their job but I am so glad that they do it! All these people who get their hackles up when they hear of a cop shooting, stop & think what it would be like without them in our society. What if you needed them & they weren't out there to come to your aide? A world without the cops in it is not a world I'd like to live in.
And another thing....cops are human! They are people just like you & me, they can make mistakes but when we make one no one persecutes us like they do a cop.
Now that I have gotten somewhat off track there I will try to get back to my original thoughts.


Do we need a society filled with John Doe's? Yes & no. I can't see a lot of them being as level headed as the one in the movie.  If they were actually out there I'm afraid there would be too many deaths that shouldn't be. Innocent lives would end up being lost. But when I read or hear of a rapist or a child abuser who is walking the streets, free to commit their evil crimes I have always said to myself, "When the cops find them they should just shoot them!" I still believe this. The cops know when someone is truly bad, they should just take care of it then. But that's not our justice system.
So what would work? Nothing so far that's for sure. Maybe super evil crimes shouldn't get to defended. Maybe they should just have to spend life in prison for ever, automatically. But then there's those damn tax dollars being spent. Maybe the families of the victims should be allowed to decide, no matter what they come up with.
Maybe I don't have answers any more than the rest of society. I just know that this movie really got to me & got me thinking. Something else I am sure of? Things definitely need to change. Period!

No comments:

Post a Comment